as requested beginning Oct. 5.
with modifications agreed to by the Fishery Agencies
requested. State of Montana objected to drafting Hungry Horse
and Libby reservoirs during September to augment flows for fall chinook
spawning below Bonneville dam in October and November. Montana
believes the operations to be outside the scope of the Biological Opinion.
August 25th TMT meeting in agreement with Fishery Agencies. Dworshak
will be drafted at a rate of 8 kcfs by Sept. 5th and at a rate of 3
to 4 kcfs through Sept. 12th
regulators responded that post seasonal management of augmentation water
left in the reservoirs is not included in Biological Opinion flow provisions.
TMT will revisit this request during the fall and defer decisions until
later in the season depending on the actual situation.
events at Libby continued and resulted in higher than usual inflows.
Libby has to be drafted for local flood control up to the limits of
the hydraulic capacity of the powerhouse. High runoff is anticipated
to continue to Arrow reservoir resulting in outflows at McNary higher
than flow target of 200 kcfs. Federal regulators are managing system
to keep weekly average flows at McNary at minimum required by BiOp.
denied SOR as requested. Final implemented decision was to operate Dworshak
at outflows of 13 kcfs during August 13-15 and then to further decrease
outflows to 12-12.5 kcfs for the week of August 16-22 with total dissolved
gas concentration up to 110% in the tailwater. EPA did not issue the
total dissolved gas waiver for the flows below Dworshak dam.
was not willing to extend the TDG waiver through August 19 with requested
as requested. Dworshak draft was delayed through July 31 because of
the delayed waiver for the TDG levels.
added requests at the July 21 TMT meeting to start drafting Hungry Horse
and meet flow targets at McNary. Flow targets were met at McNary
but outflows from Hungry Horse didn't increase to required rate.
implemented with a delay in drafting Dworshak, by request of IDFG.
as requested. Flows were not maintained at a rate of 55 kcfs on
a daily basis. Lower Granite flow was 54.6 kcfs on July 8 and
53.3 kcfs on July 11.
suggestion of the COE, in agreement with Fishery Agencies and implemented.
The spill test was conducted during July 1 - 4.
by SOR 99-16.
with exception of a three day period in June (20 - 22) when Grant County
PUD flow regulators managed minimum hourly flows in the 149.3 - 150
kcfs range; slightly lower than the minimum of 150 kcfs.
but with a delay in conduction of the spill test. Flow targets
were met. Decision to spill postponed due to administrative and
organizational reasons. The test was conducted May 29 with various
spill patterns as agreed at TMT.
met, scheduled maintenance of the units was not postponed regarding
the potential fall chinook migration needs.
by SOR 99-11.
||Not met for
the period of May 3 - 9. Forecasted inflow did not materialize.
Federal regulators and IPCo failed to operate the reservoirs in an adequate
manner to provide required flows. Dworshak was drafted at 14 kcfs,
limited by total dissolved gas content of 110% in the tailrace.
of spill was delayed until April 13, but spill began at all lower Snake
||Spill at Ice
Harbor was modified due to hydropower system constraints
not provided as requested and Powerhouse II was operated.
of Hanford fall chinook is not included in the Biological Opinion.
|| Fully Implemented.
spill provided for 7 instead of 10 days.