Smolt Monitoring Program Lamprey Queries
- Current year juvenile lamprey passage query Current year juvenile lamprey passage query- Returns collection count, sample count, mortailities and sampling comments.
- Current year juvenile lamprey passage graph Current year juvenile lamprey passage graph- Returns passage index vs. river flow graphs for mainstem dams, and collection count vs. river flow graphs for upriver traps.
- Juvenile lamprey mortality query Juvenile lamprey mortality query
- Historical juvenile lamprey passage query and graph Historical juvenile lamprey passage query and graph- Returns collection vs. river flow graphs for mainstem dams and upriver traps.
- Incidental catch data query Incidental catch data query- Returns incidental catch data for juvenile lamprey and adult lamprey collected at smolt facilities and traps.
- Lamprey condition graphLamprey condition graph- Returns the number and percent of lamprey with physical injuries or diseases.
- Lamprey condition detailed injury graph Lamprey condition detailed injury graph- Returns the number and percent of lamprey with eye, body, fin and head injuries.
- 2011 Report to Lamprey Technical Workgroup2011 Report to Lamprey Technical Workgroup- Summarizes 2011 smolt monitoring activities for larval and juvenile lamprey.
Lamprey Adult Data Lamprey Adult Data
- Adult lamprey data table Adult lamprey data table- Query for lamprey counts at the dam's adult fish ladders.
- Adult lamprey data graph Adult lamprey data graph- Graph adult lamprey counts at the dam's adult fish ladders.
- Adult lamprey incidental catch at SMP sites Adult incidental catch at SMP sites- Query for adult lamprey incidental data gathered at SMP sites.
- Lamprey count notes Lamprey count notes- Lamprey are active at night as well as the day. Adult lamprey counts at some fish ladders are video tapped during the evening hours and then reviewed later. The way in which counts are completed have changed over the years. For instance, at Rocky Reach Dam, from 1996 through 2007, there has been video monitoring 24 hours a day. From 1995 through 1992, there was direct monitoring for the adult counts at Rocky Reach Dam from 0400-2000. This means that caution should be used when comparing newer adult count data with older count data. To see an adult count data collection schedule for each dam click here.
Useful Links Useful Links
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- USFWS Pacific Lamprey Assessment Fact Sheet, October 2011 - includes risk assessment map and conservation actions and research information.
- Biological Diversity Organization
Lamprey Condition Monitoring Photos Lamprey Condition Monitoring Photos
- Click HERE to view a slide show of photographs that were taken during the pilot study of conducting condition monitoring on larval and juvenile lamprey at John Day Dam in 2011. Download the 2011 Lamprey Report to the Lamprey Technical Workgroup for more information on this pilot condition monitoring program.
Life History Information Life History Information
Lamprey identification Lamprey identification